Ever found yourself snapping at someone only to realize that, actually, you’re just really hungry? You’re not alone; it’s a universal feeling we fondly call being “hangry” – a blend of hungry and angry. But why does this happen, and more importantly, how can you stop it?
Imagine your body is like a roller coaster. This roller coaster goes up and down depending on how much sugar is in your blood. When you eat cookies or candy, wheeeee! The roller coaster goes up, up, up! You feel amazing!
But what goes up must come down. When the roller coaster drops, you feel low and cranky. That’s your body saying, “hey, I need more fuel!”
How to Regulate Your Blood Sugar
To keep the roller coaster running smoothly, instead of scary ups and downs, consider these actionable tips:
- Eat Balanced Meals
- Instead of meals full of carbs and sugar, aim for a balanced plate with protein, healthy fats, and fiber. Think chicken, avocado, and veggies.
- Snack Wisely
- If you need a snack, avoid sugary treats like donuts. Choose something with protein and fiber like a handful of almonds.
- Don’t Skip Meals
- Your roller coaster won’t like this! Try to eat every 3 to 4 hours to keep your blood sugar stable.
- Stay Hydrated
- Sometimes thirst is mistaken for hunger. Make sure you’re drinking plenty of water throughout the day. Also, insider tip, add a pinch of table salt to it if you aren’t eating a meal at the same time.
- Exercise Regularly
- Physical activity helps your body use up the sugar in your blood. Even a short walk can help level out those roller coaster highs and lows.
- Listen to Your Body
- If you’re starting to feel cranky and you haven’t eaten in a while, it might be time to refuel with a balanced meal or snack.
Now, you might be thinking, “who cares if my roller coaster goes up and down a little?”
Well, if you let that happen too often for too long, your body might not be able to bring the roller coaster back to a normal level. This could lead to type II diabetes, which means you’d have to take medicine and track your blood sugar every single day. No fun, right?
Take Control of Your Health Today
So, if you’re tired of the emotional roller coaster that comes with fluctuating blood sugar levels, take action today. You’re not just preventing hanger; you’re also taking steps to ensure long-term health.Ready to make a lasting change? Book your free No Sweat Intro at Iron Hero CrossFit by clicking THIS LINK. We’re here to help you build a sustainable, healthy lifestyle – one where “hangry” becomes a word of the past.